Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007 is almost over!

Can you believe how fast this year has gone by? From engagements, races, European vacations, spills, thrills, late nights, and rock & roll, this year has not ceased to amaze me or leave me twiddling my thumbs. So thrilling in fact, that Jay and I have been practically hibernating for the last couple weeks in some feeble attempt to recover.

So, our adventures have been a much smaller scale of grandeur and spaced farther apart, but they've been fun none the less!

Sad to say it, but I had to say Goodbye to the Jordan Slayer. Sure, it never really was mine, but I loved her none the less....and man did we have some good times. No worries though, Hollywood Cycles and I have some TT'in plans up our sleeves for my next new ride.
Jay and I got to get a super tour of Freaky Useless & Terri Harriets new abode. Rockin! Talk about a house where someone thought of everything!!! True to form, we loaded up the shower w/ 5 grown adults and Houma, their massively lovely dog! Terri & I tested out the hardwood's while the boys planned rock sessions and summer bashes.
On Friday nite, Jay and I hit up Grumpy's to catch the cold sprints. Still hybernating, Jay and I strategically waited until 9:00 to head down there with the entire intention of NOT participating. I always love getting out there though, catching everyone out on the town! Maria Stewart dominated the women with ease, and Homme put up a spectacular fight for 2nd. Lala was in the house, before returning to his life as a 19 yr. old Texan college student - Lala, you slut!
Personally, I think I did a great job on Christmas by getting Jay Guitar Hero 3 (Legends of Rock)! It's now been 6 or 7 days and he's already beat the game on Medium, and is tearing his way through hard. I'm not much of a video game enthusiast (I like the fresh air too much), but I'll admit its a fun way to stay in on cold nights. And, it makes for a great break to offer friends when they come over for a visit.

Crossmax stopped by for an hour on Saturday night. Little did he know that it would be 2 1/2 hours later that they'd finally peal their eyes away from the TV screen. Tisk tisk. It's been forever, though, since Cross came over so we were just thrilled to see him again.
As for me, Jay got me skiing lessons for Christmas!!! I got 4 hours of CX lessons with none other than Super Bella, Maria Stewart! On Saturday, we met up at Highland for my first lesson. After an hour, I was exhausted and hungry but I had a head full of new things to work on. Thanks, Maria! You're an amazing teacher!

To practice, Jay and I headed over to Theodore Wirth this afternoon. It was the first time that I actually felt like I had some sort of rhyme or reason to my movements. Sure, I have a LONG way to go....but this was the first time that Jay could actually ski with me, rather than skiing ahead, stopping, waiting, repeat. I can't wait to get back out there and practice some more.

And, since Jay is so sweet to always take pictures of me wiping out, I thought I'd return the favor!
Spending time at Theodore Wirth is sometimes so surreal....seeing Jay standing there in front of the chalet with the snow falling all around us. Just 10 months from now, I'll be the one in white, taking that next step to becoming Mrs. Hollywood Henderson. (I can only hope he won't show up in lycra!) hehehe
Until 2008, Happy New Year everyone!
Kristy Kreme

No comments:

Post Ride Recovery... At the ER

 Thursday night was supposed to be just a typical night out riding mountain bikes with my husband.  Just us, our single speed bikes, and the...