Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Too cold to play outside!

Last week I got transferred to another office - great move! Leave behind the chaos and mess of one office, gently to return to my old office....smaller office, less people, happy faces, and everything in its place as if I'd never left. Well, except for the mess, but I'll get to it later. Unfortunately, no matter how pleasant the outcome, it was painful none the less. Not only did I feel torn leaving the bigger office without one of their managers, but I left my staff behind without a leader. I've grown to know these women so well over the last 6 months, that's its really hard to leave them. I wish I could take them all with me!

But, at least we had a fond farewell. Me and a couple of the gals finished off a very stressful week with some suds at Majors.I am going to miss them all so much! Aleshia (not pictured) was my calm and giggle in the eye of the storm. Jen helped me feel like I've actually made a difference - Thank you Jen! Michelle helped me learn perseverance. Diane has been there for me for years, teaching me everything along the way. And Maggie, you reminded me to dream! Thank you all so very much! I feel so alive!

To recover as best I could from the 'trials and tribulations' of life, Jay and I slept until the last possible moment on Saturday morning. I made coffee, started a new book, and waited quietly for the day to slowly begin. Snail-paced, Jay and I set up the trainers and the Black & Whites to get in a mid-winter workout. Personally, I'd rather ride outside, but the -20 degree windchills quickly changed my mind. Surprisingly, we had a great workout! I don't think we'd gotten more than 5 minutes in to our 50-min. session before the sweat started to run. We threw in an ATV racing game on the tube to try and coax us to go faster - me, I couldn't tell. Every time I drove that darn thing off course, I found my watts dropping, then skyrocketing back onto the straight-aways.

Half way into it, I gave up on the game and kicked it into intervals. Well, if 3 or 4 sprints in 20 minutes counts as intervals, then I guess I'm not all lying. hehehe I did kick it into my hardest wattage EVER, so that was a total rush (once I'd recovered that is). I was sweatin' balls and could've puked by the time it was over, but it was AWESOME!!! Wow, re-reading that sentence, I really am hooked, aren't I? Anyways, it was a pleasant surprise to feel 'not all that bad' after 2 months off the bike. The PT is going well, though, so I think with some TLC and more trainer sessions, I'll be cleared to race in 2008!

That evening, we erased the dietary benefit of the trainer session with beers and burgers at Old Chicago. Jay and I joined my step-sis (and bridesmaid extraordinare) Megan and her friends to celebrate her Almost-30 bday!! (yeah, I can rub it in...I'm younger!) It was, as always, a complete blast! Thanks for inviting us to celebrate with you! Love you!With friends that make you laugh and family that makes you feel normal again, you can really get through anything. As for me, it's hanging out with a gent like this ....that makes life all worthwhile. Thank you to my friends and family for making me feel human again. And, as always, thank you to Jay for reminding me how great it feels to giggle! I love you, honey! I can't wait to be your Mrs. Henderson!
Live and let live,
Kristy Kreme

1 comment:

JimmerC said...

Keep spinning. See you at the banquet.