Monday, November 23, 2009

Alive 35

What do you get when you combine face paint, platform shoes, guitars, and explosions?? No, it's not a Friday night with Hwood.....but it's still a pretty freakin' good time!

Hwood and I joined Teri, Randy, and the crue to catch KISS's most recent stop in Minneapolis. Thanks to Randy's bud Chuck, we got hooked up with some wicked close band seats... eight rows from Tommy Thayer's side and close enough to sweat each time the pillars of flames shot up from the stage! The seats were so good, Brian Setzer (Stray Cats, Brian Setzer Orchestra) was just a few seats away!Being it was my first KISS show ever, I was a little hesitant, wondering if the guys still had it in them to melt my face off.... Consider this gal's face fully melted. We were so close to the action, I had to tear my face away from the stage to look over the sold out crowd. Rows of singing fans stretched out as far as the eye could see.Even after the 2 bike races each of us did earlier that day, Hwood and I danced and sang along to every verse. Fists pumped in the air to the beat as heads threw back in excitement. To add to the spoils, our group had 2 all-access passes to share and Jay and I made our way to the stage. The security crew parted as we descended from our seats, lighting the way for us to join the fun up front..... just in time for "Rock n' Roll All Night".

As we bellied up to the partition, the road crew loaded cannons with buckets of confetti that showered down on us like welcome snow. We sang at the top of our lungs as they tossed handfuls of it into our faces. I've never rocked out so hard at a show in my life - it was amazing and everything I'd ever hoped for.

Officially rocked, we all returned to Teri & Randy's for some snacks and brews to finish out the night. By the time my head hit the pillow, exhaustion had taken over and I had nothing left in me to fight off sleep. I fell asleep instantly, with the distant echoes of KISS songs bouncing around inside my head.

Rocked,
Kristy Kreme

No comments:

Post Ride Recovery... At the ER

 Thursday night was supposed to be just a typical night out riding mountain bikes with my husband.  Just us, our single speed bikes, and the...