Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Hollywood Cycles - Beyond the Brick & Mortar

More than 12 years ago, I was a little lost in life.  I had a couple close friends, my bookclub, and a deep longing for more in my life... love, adventure, a community to belong to... a place where I finally felt like I belonged.

Until I walked into Hollywood Cycles.

It was the catalyst of change in my life that eventually helped me meet my future husband, my deepest friendships ever imagined, a team that offers camaraderie and taught me how to race, the MN cycling community, and a badass group of amazing new friends I've had the honor to explore the world of bikes with...

and it was this team that became a family.



Looking back on last Friday, the last day the doors would close at Hollywood Cycles, I've been reflecting on all the iterations of the shop that existed, puppies that grew underfoot, late night parties and rock n' roll, legends and locals that came in for Jay's professional skills and sometimes just a lil fellowship.  I'm grateful for the courage I had to quit my day job when Jay relocated to Mpls in 2012, working to help him set up the new shop in a new location.  I had a ton of fun going to work each day with my dog & my best friend, learned a ton about bike maintenance and celebrated a relaxed work environment on all the hot days in summer.



   




And then I think of the troubles, the hard times, the lean times and worry.

But all the pain falls by the wayside when I think of the faces, laughter, hugs and high fives within these four walls.  I rejoice in knowing that our THC* family will last long after the sign on the door fades.  These people who were once strangers in the crowd now hold a place in the deepest crevices of my heart.  My team, my friends, my bike family... for life!

Jay - endless thanks to you for all you've done to make cycling a joyful part of who I am and supporting me through every podium and tear along the way.  You have built an amazing team of unique, fun, kind and supportive people.  You support the underdogs, the competition, the youth and up-n-comers all alike.


You have a heart as big as the moon and have show that your true passion absolutely is to bring cycling joy to all that come to you for help.

Thank you

Cheers to you, Hollywood Cycles, for 14 great years and to Hollywood, who'll keep the dream alive.

Black n' White - THC* - Girl Fiend for life!











<3 kreme="" kristy="" nbsp="" p="">

No comments:

Post Ride Recovery... At the ER

 Thursday night was supposed to be just a typical night out riding mountain bikes with my husband.  Just us, our single speed bikes, and the...