Sunday, May 20, 2012

Double Down at the Dog

Last Saturday, we dug out the time trial bikes and helmets for the first TT of the year down at the Farmdog Time Trial in Eureka Township.  Not only had the bikes withstood the big shop move, but had to wake them up from being apart so long... pretty sure the last time I'd been on El Gato was last July or August.  So, needless to say, we not only needed to put some air in the tires, but I actually had to dust her off before hoping on the trainer.


Once I got out on the road, I remembered how much I love time trials... how much I love El Gato.  She's steady, responsive, light, and sneaky quiet.  


My March legs didn't really enjoy me trying to pull off a May legs cadence, but I asked them too anyway.  It was a struggle against the wind and my out-of-season body, but I pulled it off.  My time was about a minute slower than I would like it to be, at 0:23:02.9, but I had to remind myself that I haven't even spent 150 miles in the saddle yet this spring... it'll come.  

Jay looked and rode great, as always.  Working like a dog at all hours of the day and night hasn't kept Jay from riding when he can and nothing can keep him from his pain cave.  Awesome job Hollywood!


Then, on this past Wednesday, we hit the Farmdog TT to tackle the course again.  The winds were almost non-existant, but the real question was if it was going to be a help, or a hinderance.  Yeah, no headwind to fight, but no tailwind to push you on.  Either way, we took the challenge and fought it out again.  I was able to shave off some time, finishing in 0:23:00.2, with a goal yet this summer to take off another 30-60 seconds.. I've got some work to do.

But, when it comes down to it, I'm still doing something I love with my best friend & hubby, and hanging out with my friends while exercising.  Add in a couple beers after the race and a warm, summer sunset with my puppy in my lap, and you have all the wonderful things that make life great.  Only thing we're missing is family and the Scamp.  :oD

Loving Life,
Kristy Kreme

No comments:

Post Ride Recovery... At the ER

 Thursday night was supposed to be just a typical night out riding mountain bikes with my husband.  Just us, our single speed bikes, and the...