Saturday, May 21, 2011

How to get out of a $200 tab at Red Lobster

On Wednesday night, Jay and I joined my brother, sister, mom, and step-dad at Red Lobster for a wonderful family send-off dinner before my bro left for his new Air Force base in England. He'll be over in England for at least 3 years! Now I just have to start saving those pennies and update my passport so I can see him before then.
Dinner was a ton of fun, even though I don't like seafood. If it doesn't have at least two legs and live on land, I'm not interested. Although I did once eat moose that had fallen in a lake after being shot. Yum! So, I happily filled up on caesar salad and those ever so heavenly, altogether naughty, garlic and cheese biscuits. Pretty sure it didn't help me get any closer to race-weight, but who cares.
My sister stayed with chicken while the rest filled the table with lobster, shrimp, and crab legs. Jay, himself, devoured a pound and a half of crab legs before enjoying a sinful fudge-filled chocolate chip delite. I've learned to eat left-handed so I can shield my plate from crab leg spray as Jay eats - blowing the crab out of the shell rather than using the shell-cracker. It's quite the spectacle!
The food was good, but sharing some laughs and stories with my family was so much better. Sure, it wasn't the raucous antics that Jay's birthday bring about, but it was still one of those nights when the table was so full of life, the rest of the room disappeared. I couldn't even tell you if they were busy that night or not. All I know is that I got to sit by my lil brother and celebrate the huge move he was about to make. I am so proud of you honey! And I hope England is the gateway to a world of adventure and happiness in your life. I hope we can get there soon.

So, when the night finally began to close and the crew began to close down for the night, we passed around the tab trying to figure who racked up the biggest bill... leave it to my hubby to polish off 1.5 lbs of crab legs, lobster pizza, molten cookie dessert, and 2 strawberry passion colada's, each with an extra sidecar of rum... somehow he didn't know a sidecar was almost as much as the cocktail.... sweet innocent hubby. Trying to find a way to save money, we sent the airman over to the lobster tank to start bobbing for lobsters.
If they kick us out, we don't have to pay the tab, right? Well, his face never hit the water, but it was still a ton of fun! Thanks for humoring me, kid. :o)

Missing my baby brother,
Kristy Kreme

No comments:

Post Ride Recovery... At the ER

 Thursday night was supposed to be just a typical night out riding mountain bikes with my husband.  Just us, our single speed bikes, and the...