Sunday, August 3, 2008

Breaking Dawn Release Party

This weekend was a great respite from racing, kicking off with the Breaking Dawn Release Party at Borders w/ 6 of my girlfriends. Breaking Dawn, the 4th and final in the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer has been whetting my appetite since March, when I feverishly tore through the first three books twice each in just a matter of weeks. The intoxicating story of unlikely lovers, a mortal and a vampire, as they face challenges with their enemies, decisions, and their own temptations has been like a breath of life and excitement this year. What better way to celebrate, then spending the entire night at my favorite bookstore w/ my friends, anxiously waiting for the midnight release.

After a few cocktails, my friends and I strode over to join the 100+ other girls (yes, most of them were approximately half our age) to join in the rounds of trivia, debates, and costume/home-made t-shirt contests. Of course, the little craft bug in me went nuts, feeding Jay and I with ideas we spent all week creating and screen printing. For myself, I had a fabulous 'got penguin?' shirt, and I made a 'got grizzly?' one for Leslie......
Even in the design of the penguin, I see how I can't live without my own personal 'Edward' either. [read the books, you'll understand] The best part, was that I won the T-shirt contest hands down!!!! It was so much fun! But it was just a blast being able to spend that time with the girls and be silly kids in line for a vampire book....

Me & Michelle

Les & I in our rockin' shirts.

Since Jay's parents were in town all weekend, I was sure I wouldn't even get to crack the 760 page novel....but with him sleeping in two hours longer than me Saturday morning, and his purchase of the new Guitar Hero - Aeorsmith version, bought me enough time from 8:00AM Saturday til 6:00PM tonight to finish off my favorite author's debut series....Slowly devouring each word on the page, I was hesitant to near the end of the book, trying to prolong my time with my favorite characters as long as I could. Not to give anything away.....if you're into the Twilight series or ever thought of it, make sure you get this book. It was fabulous to see some things I anticipated come to fruition, and to see turns I never could have imagined. Thanks Stephenie Meyer, for taking my love of reading to a whole new level! And thanks, of course, to Jay for being my own personal vampire soul mate. ;O)

Read on,
Kristy Kreme

1 comment:

Leslie said...

We're so hot :) Thanks again for making the shirts! Paw prints are a necessary add for when we go to the movie though. I still can't believe you're already done with the book...

Post Ride Recovery... At the ER

 Thursday night was supposed to be just a typical night out riding mountain bikes with my husband.  Just us, our single speed bikes, and the...