Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Dear Spring... I'm breaking up with you

I don't know about you, but I'm absolutely out of patience for this thing called "Spring".  I'm tired of a runny nose, cold fingers and toes, and bundling up for bike rides. I want my dog to stop shivering. I'm sick of drinking endless mugs of coffee, cocoa, and tea to stay warm...

I just want to be WARM!

I want to sweat and gluttonously stand in front of a fan...
I want tank tops and shorts...
Sun on skin...
Flip Flops...
Warm sunsets while sipping beers on the patio...
Camping...
Sleeping with the windows open...
Chilling out in lawn chairs after a bitchin ride or race..
Bonfires...
Riding bikes without having to wear a neck gator...
Sherbert!
Walks to the lake with my boys...
Sweat!
Freckles...
Grilling and relaxing and riding and racing and laughing and splashing and swimming and not watching tv and not riding the trainer and roasting marshmellows and making breakfast over an open fire and crackin' beers and the KOA and packing up the cars and making checklists for camping and filling propane tanks and Scamping!

Please Spring.. You are NOT Winter, so quit trying to act like it.  And, if you're not going to take an active part in this relationship, just go.  Summer is sure to pick up where you left off.

That is all.

Bundled up and Grumbly,
Kristy Kreme


No comments:

Post Ride Recovery... At the ER

 Thursday night was supposed to be just a typical night out riding mountain bikes with my husband.  Just us, our single speed bikes, and the...