Friday, August 14, 2009

Gettin' a little twitchy

It's been a week & a half w/o the computer at home and its really starting to show it's wear on me. So much has happened and I've no way to blog about it. DUDE!!! So, luckily my hubby doesn't mind me using the computer at his shop. Whoohoo.

Mini summary in the last, what, 2 weeks? B1tc# please! Did my first mountain bike race of the year last weekend at Buck Hill. Not only that, but the first one on a geared mountain bike EVER plus first time in the Sport Class! The single speeder in me took the reigns and I kept it in my big chain ring for the entire race, even w/ a massive hangover and no food in my system from the preceding 24 hours (rough nite). I wasn't much for racing - still haven't figured that one out - but I trudged through it and still managed a 10th place finish in the women's category!

(skinnyski.com)

Jay and I replaced the floors in our living room, kitchen and bathroom and they look so freakin awesome! Once i get my computer back, that'll be the first pics I post! Busted my elbow open, though, while pulling some base boards out in the bathroom.... didn't even catch it on anything sharp, the board just gave way and with the speed my elbow was traveling (20+ mph), it burst open on impact with the side of the toilet like a boxer's eye! Instantly I was a soaking wet puddle as I saw the blood and tried desparately not to pass out. It must've been half an hour before I would let Jay touch it to clean it off as I fought off the darkness and the sickness that came along with it.

Good news was that I didn't break it - just messed up the tendons and nerves a bit. And turns out Jay's pretty awesome w/ a butterfly tape job - kept me from getting stitches! Thanks babe!

Ahh, what else? Capitol Crit was good - third place finish was nice, with my teammate in 2nd! Nice work OC!

Oh, yeah - DUDE! State TT Championships were hard, painful, and miserable! I rode off the darn road TWICE due to the massive wind. And before that, I wore a hole through all but the final layer of my tubulars when I slid out, almost missing one of the first turns. Still managed to pull it in for a 2nd place Cat 4 finish, and 7 minutes faster than my goal! Lucky for me, the gal who won the 4's was from Wisconsin, making yours truly the new Cat 4 Women's State TT Champ!!!! B1tc# Please! I'm so absolutely floored!

Other than that, life's been a crazy whirlwind of activity! Maybe not having the computer has been good - giving me more time to go out and play in the real world! But you better believe there'll be a bunch of pics once it's back in action. My poor camera is burstin at the bolts.

Partyin' on,

Kristy Kreme

No comments:

Post Ride Recovery... At the ER

 Thursday night was supposed to be just a typical night out riding mountain bikes with my husband.  Just us, our single speed bikes, and the...