Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Life, love, and the pursuit of, well...uh.....life!

Finally!!!

F-tastic frustration.....I have been trying and trying to log my first blog on this ever-so-stylish, blog space with no luck. Gotta love computers and their refusal to cooperate. So, here I am for the first time and I am forced to rant about the cursor that wouldn't appear! Oi! 'Nuff said. Rant over.

On a lighter note....this past weekend was a rockin' good time, even without some good rockin'. Jay and I started the weekend off right with some snowy mountain bike racin' in Elk River. I stomped around the woods solo, taking photos, cheering loudly in the silence of the trail, and finding a new level of mellow. The Chucker was on fire, finishing 2nd, and Hollywood got 4th in the men's elite. Nice job guys. Afterwords, us three and Peter the Cyclocross Kid b-lined it out to Hopkins for some tasty vittles at the Boston Garden. There's nothing like 4 starving adults staring blankly at each other until their belly's are full.

After a power nap, Jay and I rolled out to Theodore Wirth Park for my first try at skate skiing! (The statues are back!) Hwood may be all rock n roll....but he's sweet to teach me new things. It was a little to dark to try out some classic "monkey see, monkey do", but it was fun! We wrapped up after a quick warm up to hit the Casa de Timmer n Angie for some Big Lebowski and tasty white russians. Hard Dog was there in good form as well. I got a little Cat Scratch Fever, but Angie took good care of me. : )

On Sunday, Jay n I hit Cleary Lake for some trail skiing in the daylight! Arms and calves burning, sweat dripping, tongue hanging out.....I love a new adventure! And Jay is such a doll to stick it out and slow-pace it for me. I don't know if I can say enough about how much it meant to me, but patience is truly a virtue......and love is truly a blessing......

No comments:

Post Ride Recovery... At the ER

 Thursday night was supposed to be just a typical night out riding mountain bikes with my husband.  Just us, our single speed bikes, and the...